Streusel-Topped Blueberry Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg and sour cream; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to sugar mixture just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. For topping, combine brown sugar and flour in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 302 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 17, 2020
Good recipe but topping a little too buttery for me. They are delicious.
Dec 5, 2013
Dec 22, 2011
Like the previous reviewer, my family and I LOVED these muffins. I have had another recipe that I have used for years which was really good, but once I tried these, we all agreed that these were even better!! I too thought the batter was a little thick for muffins, but I went ahead without adding anything else and they turned out GREAT! They are so moist and tasty! I left off the glaze because I didn't think they needed it.
May 12, 2011
This was one of the best muffins I've ever had. They disappeared so fast. I'm going to make another batch today. Sometimes I think people who write a poor review must have done something wrong to the recipe. Please give it a try and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Jan 18, 2011
This was awful!! What a waste! I normally go by reviews when making a recipe but there wasn't any and I was in a hurry to find a recipe for blueberry muffins. It is missing something, after I added the flour mixture I could hardly stir this it was like a cookie dough consistentcy and I hadn't even put in my blueberries yet, so to thin it out I tried adding some milk, rather than waste this I added my blueberries and the streusel topping and baked them, they looked okay but they were very bland tasting I threw them out. I just didn't want someone else to waste their time and ingredients making this. I will look for a different recipe. I was so disappointed!