Streusel-Topped Blueberry Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg and sour cream; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to sugar mixture just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. For topping, combine brown sugar and flour in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 302 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 5, 2013
Dec 22, 2011
Like the previous reviewer, my family and I LOVED these muffins. I have had another recipe that I have used for years which was really good, but once I tried these, we all agreed that these were even better!! I too thought the batter was a little thick for muffins, but I went ahead without adding anything else and they turned out GREAT! They are so moist and tasty! I left off the glaze because I didn't think they needed it.
May 12, 2011
This was one of the best muffins I've ever had. They disappeared so fast. I'm going to make another batch today. Sometimes I think people who write a poor review must have done something wrong to the recipe. Please give it a try and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Jan 18, 2011
This was awful!! What a waste! I normally go by reviews when making a recipe but there wasn't any and I was in a hurry to find a recipe for blueberry muffins. It is missing something, after I added the flour mixture I could hardly stir this it was like a cookie dough consistentcy and I hadn't even put in my blueberries yet, so to thin it out I tried adding some milk, rather than waste this I added my blueberries and the streusel topping and baked them, they looked okay but they were very bland tasting I threw them out. I just didn't want someone else to waste their time and ingredients making this. I will look for a different recipe. I was so disappointed!