Streusel Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bow, combine the first eight ingredients. Spoon into a greased 3-cup baking dish. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 740 calories, 32g fat (13g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 107g carbohydrate (70g sugars, 6g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 26, 2016
WONDERFUL!!! I try every one of these i can find..and this one is one of the best!!
Nov 26, 2015
I first tried this recipe when in appeared in Quick Cooking and it has been in our family Thanksgiving dinner each year since. I just multiply the ingredients to make 6 servings. No need to alter any ingredients with this. Absolutely wonderful!
Feb 19, 2009
I didn't have any sweet potatoes on hand and was impatient to try this so I used my frozen banana squash instead. It was great, can't wait to try it with sweet potatoes or yams.