- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 can (21 ounces) strawberry pie filling or flavor of your choice
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats and butter until crumbly; set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Add egg to the remaining crumb mixture and mix well.
- Press into a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Build up edges and flute if desired. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- Spread pie filling over crust to within 1 in. of edges. Combine the nuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forStreusel Strawberry Pizza
"I made this for a girls' get together and it was fabulous -- when I took it out of the oven it was picture perfect -- however I would suggest serving it the same day you bake it. I made mine the day before and stored it in the refrigerator overnight, and the next day the topping had absorbed a lot of liquid and became very soggy and did not look as nice. It still tasted good, thankfully."
"I have used this recipe from time to time and I have adjusted the recipe! I'd added from 1/8 cup UP to 1/3 cup cold water to balance of the crumb mixture and I measured out 1 to 1-1/2 cups of crumbs for topping and used 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon and 1/4 cup packed brown sugar for the topping! I did omit the nuts! I greased and floured the pizza pan! I'd found that adding the egg and water worked for me in preparing the crust! I've used this recipe for special occasions and this dessert pizza is a hit! Thank you, Karen Ann Bland, for sharing your recipe with quick Cooking! delowenstein"
"I've used this recipe and I think it's wonderful! It makes a festive touch to any special occasion! Dawn E. Lowenstein"