Streusel Rhubarb Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until brown around the edges.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Add eggs; mix well. Fold in the rhubarb. Pour over crust. For topping, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until rhubarb is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 310 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Streusel Rhubarb Dessert
"I have been making this recipe since you first published it. It is my favorite dessert. I have been told many times by guests that this is THE best rhubarb dessert they've ever had. I make it exactly as written, because it is perfect. It pairs wonderfully served warm with a full-flavored Vanilla Bean ice cream (Breyers or Signature Select brands have great vanilla bean flavor)."
"Delicious! This recipe is a keeper!"
"Very good recipe; it reminded me of my mom's apple crisp. Both my crust and topping were way too dry making it with the amount of butter listed, so I ended up using almost 1/2 cup for the crust and about 6 or 7 tablespoons for the topping. My husband really liked it; his only request was that I use more rhubarb next time. I'll be making this again."
"We loved this recipe! Served warm with vanilla ice cream - yum!"
"O M G! These were wonderful! The crust was like shortbread. I got comments like "AWESOME", "delicious", "wonderful"."
"This was very good. I served with vanilla ice cream."
"I used brown sugar in the streusel topping and a bit more cinnamon, and this turned out fantastic. What a great way to use rhubarb. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream."
"Very good - easy to put together - tastes wonderful"