- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- In a bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until brown around the edges.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Add eggs; mix well. Fold in the rhubarb. Pour over crust. For topping, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until rhubarb is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forStreusel Rhubarb Dessert
"I have been making this recipe since you first published it. It is my favorite dessert. I have been told many times by guests that this is THE best rhubarb dessert they've ever had. I make it exactly as written, because it is perfect. It pairs wonderfully served warm with a full-flavored Vanilla Bean ice cream (Breyers or Signature Select brands have great vanilla bean flavor)."
"Delicious! This recipe is a keeper!"
"Very good recipe; it reminded me of my mom's apple crisp. Both my crust and topping were way too dry making it with the amount of butter listed, so I ended up using almost 1/2 cup for the crust and about 6 or 7 tablespoons for the topping. My husband really liked it; his only request was that I use more rhubarb next time. I'll be making this again."
"We loved this recipe! Served warm with vanilla ice cream - yum!"
"O M G! These were wonderful! The crust was like shortbread. I got comments like "AWESOME", "delicious", "wonderful"."
"This was very good. I served with vanilla ice cream."
"I used brown sugar in the streusel topping and a bit more cinnamon, and this turned out fantastic. What a great way to use rhubarb. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream."
"Very good - easy to put together - tastes wonderful"