- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm milk (110°-115°)
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-3/4 to 5-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the pumpkin, sugar, butter, salt and 4-3/4 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup. Sprinkle remaining streusel over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges; press down lightly. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal.
- Cut each into 12 slices. Place cut side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Sprinkle with reserved streusel. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forStreusel Pumpkin Sweet Rolls
"This is so awesome. Beats any sticky buns"
"I haven't actually made this yet, but would like to know the answer to the question listed earlier - Is it possible to make these the night before and refrigerate until morning and then let the roles rise?I'd love to make them for breakfast on Thanksgiving morning, but have so much to do that day before lunch that was hoping I could do part of it the night before. Thanks. They sound delicious!! Can't wait to try."
"Very good! I followed the directions exactly and they were delicious."
"I was hoping there would be a pumpkin flavor to this recipe, but, unfortunately, I was greatly disappointed. I enjoyed the dough better than the final product."
"With it being fall, I was wanting to make something using pumpkin, and after reviewing many pumpkin recipes decided on this one. Unfortunately I was disappointed by the lack of pumpkin flavor in the final product."
"Takes quite a bit of time to make but the results are totally worth it. Delicious!"
"Awesome! So soft and delicious! Not too sweet! Perfect for a fall morning! The recipe works well cut in half too. Did take 30 minutes to bake."
"I made these and can't seem to make enough! They are now everyone's favorites! I highly recommend these. I did add some ginger and cloves because I felt the spices complimented these. Don't hesitate to make these!!!! :-)"