Streusel Nut Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 teaspoons instant chocolate drink mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine flour and baking soda. Gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, mixing well after each addition. Spoon half into a greased 10-in. tube pan.
- Combine the walnuts, drink mix, cinnamon and remaining sugar. Sprinkle half over batter. Top with remaining batter and nut mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 508 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 11, 2010
This is one of the best Coffee cakes EVER!!! love it sooo much. i have made it as muffins also--just put a scoop of batter in a greased muffin tin, sprinkle with streusel, and top with more batter...very yummy!!!