- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2-1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 teaspoons instant chocolate drink mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine flour and baking soda. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Spoon half into a greased 10-in. tube pan.
- In a bowl, combine the walnuts, drink mix, cinnamon and remaining sugar. Sprinkle half over batter. Top with remaining batter and nut mixture. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forStreusel Nut Coffee Cake
"This is one of the best Coffee cakes EVER!!! love it sooo much. i have made it as muffins also--just put a scoop of batter in a greased muffin tin, sprinkle with streusel, and top with more batter...very yummy!!!"