Strawberry Yogurt Pie
Pretty enough for a party or shower, this yummy pink pie is covered with fluffy whipped topping and garnished with fresh strawberries. It is easy to prepare, too. Onieda Brummett of Wilber, Nebraska shared the delightful dessert.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) fat-free reduced-sugar strawberry yogurt
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- Place pastry in a 9-in. pie plate; prick with a fork. Bake according to package directions. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Whisk in cream cheese until smooth. Whisk in cold water and yogurt. Refrigerate until mixture begins to thicken, about 50 minutes. Pour into cooled crust. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Spread with whipped topping and garnish with strawberries.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 209 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Strawberry Yogurt Pie in Light & Tasty August/September 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.