Strawberry Yogurt Crunch
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) strawberry custard-style yogurt or flavor of your choice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, coconut and nuts. Remove 1 cup for topping.
- Press remaining oat mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes or until light brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, fold whipped topping into yogurt. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 236 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 6, 2014
I have made this for Palm Sunday Brunch at our church several years now. I do put the reserved topping on a baking sheet and bake it in the oven for a few minutes-just to make it crunchy.
Apr 12, 2011
I made this for my Sunday School breakfast and everyone loved it. I took what was left in to work and got the same response. Vey light and delicious.
Aug 25, 2009
Seems like the 1 cup of reserved topping should have been baked crunchy... otherwise is too buttery.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.