Strawberry White Chocolate Tarts
White chocolate paired with sweet, fresh strawberries is a match made in heaven. The shortbread cookies make a wonderful buttery crust. —Cynthia Wike, Charlotte, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup crushed shortbread cookies
- 5 teaspoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottoms and up the sides of two greased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place cream in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-20 seconds or until cream comes to a boil. Add white chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature.
- Pour filling into crusts; arrange strawberries over top. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over tarts. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 tart: 737 calories, 52g fat (25g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Blueberry/White Chocolate Tarts For 2 in Country Woman February/March 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.