Strawberry Truffle Tarts Recipe
In my quest for the perfect dessert a couple of years ago, I found this "berried treasure". My husband and children love it, and that's saying a lot!
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 to 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 14 to 16 large strawberries, stems removed
- 1/4 cup currant jelly, melted
- Slivered orange peel, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add cold water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 6-in. circle.
- 2. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottom. Line unpricked shells with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Stir in cream cheese and orange juice. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in confectioners' sugar until blended.
- 4. Spread over bottoms of baked crust. Arrange berries over chocolate mixture. Brush jelly over berries. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Garnish with orange peel if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 696 calories, 40g fat (18g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 444mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Truffle Tarts
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC