- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 8 cups cubed angel food cake
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, sour cream, pudding mix and orange peel on low speed until thickened. Fold in whipped cream.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. glass bowl. Arrange a third of the strawberries around sides of bowl and over cake; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Trifle
"Made this for a Memorial Day Party. Absolutely delicious!!! Tip: Instead of sour cream, I used Greek yogurt. It was perfect!"
"The preparation was so easy and resulted in a delicious dessert that looked fabulous for our family Christmas get together. I defrosted about a cup of frozen strawberries and sprinkled them with a tablespoon of sugar. I put this on the bottom just to add some sweetness and my daughter said that she really liked this addition. The top of the dessert was not white like in the picture so next time I would cover the top with canned whipped cream to give it a better finish. This will be my go to dessert for a crowd from now on!"
"This was incredibly easy to make. The star of the show was the pudding mixture. Who knew that sour cream could make such a difference! This was my first time ever making a strawberry trifle and it was so good that both of my kids had seconds. I made the angel food cake from scratch and while that was being prepared, I sliced and marinated the strawberries in sugar/water. The trifle cream is not very sweet so I wanted to make sure the strawberries were super sweet. Now I know what I'll be making for potlucks and holidays!"
"Excellent! Yummy! easy!"
"This was a snap to make and totally delicious. Everyone loved it!"
"This is delicious! I also used cool whip like other reviewer's, simple to prepare and full of summer flavor! I will be making this again soon!"
"this was way too much so I made 1/2 of it and every1 thought it was to elegant for a country bumpkin wedding! but every1 loved it!"
"I made this recipe and it was yummy, yummy, yummy :)"