Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup cold whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 8 cups cubed angel food cake
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, sour cream, pudding mix and orange zest on low speed until thickened. Fold in whipped cream.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. glass bowl. Arrange a third of the strawberries around sides of bowl and over cake; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 375 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
May 29, 2018
This was super easy to make, beautiful, and tasted delicious. I made this for a potluck, and everyone loved it.
May 8, 2018
This dessert is just way too good. It was Love at first bite...
Apr 1, 2018
Made this today for Easter. Thought the sour cream made for a very sour flavor.
May 29, 2017
Made this for a Memorial Day Party. Absolutely delicious!!! Tip: Instead of sour cream, I used Greek yogurt. It was perfect!
May 23, 2017
An easy, light and refreshing dessert. The orange peel in the whipped cream/pudding mixture is delicious.
Dec 26, 2016
The preparation was so easy and resulted in a delicious dessert that looked fabulous for our family Christmas get together. I defrosted about a cup of frozen strawberries and sprinkled them with a tablespoon of sugar. I put this on the bottom just to add some sweetness and my daughter said that she really liked this addition. The top of the dessert was not white like in the picture so next time I would cover the top with canned whipped cream to give it a better finish. This will be my go to dessert for a crowd from now on!
Aug 12, 2016
This was incredibly easy to make. The star of the show was the pudding mixture. Who knew that sour cream could make such a difference! This was my first time ever making a strawberry trifle and it was so good that both of my kids had seconds. I made the angel food cake from scratch and while that was being prepared, I sliced and marinated the strawberries in sugar/water. The trifle cream is not very sweet so I wanted to make sure the strawberries were super sweet. Now I know what I'll be making for potlucks and holidays!
Aug 10, 2016
Excellent! Yummy! Easy!
Jul 29, 2016
This was a snap to make and totally delicious. Everyone loved it!
Jul 26, 2016
This is delicious! I also used cool whip like other reviewer's, simple to prepare and full of summer flavor! I will be making this again soon!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.