Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Whipped topping or vanilla ice cream
- Additional strawberries, optional
- Place strawberries and 3 tablespoons of sugar in a food processor. Cover and process until coarsely chopped; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining sugar. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberry topping, whipped topping and additional strawberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 368 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
May 16, 2014
This was my first time making waffles My husband bought me a Belgium waffle maker. First attempt was a great success. Awesome recipe
Mar 25, 2014
I love them all fattenng
Jan 13, 2013
Excellent recipe. I loved the strawberry topping. I would put less sugar in the topping next time though.
May 31, 2012
Light texture, fun and delicious. You don't need the whip cream or ice cream unless you want to eat these for dessert.
Jan 22, 2012
These were very good. Thank you! I hope you have more recipes! I did not try the strawberries because it is not that time of year for us, but using just butter was good.
Apr 2, 2010
I had sour cream to use up and decided to try this recipe. It is light and tasty. I used a regular waffle iron.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.