- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Whipped topping or vanilla ice cream
- Additional strawberries, optional
- Place strawberries and 3 tablespoons of sugar in a food processor or blender. Cover and process until coarsely chopped; set aside. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining sugar. Combine the eggs, sour cream, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Preheat waffle iron. Fill and bake according to manufacturer's directions. Serve with strawberry topping, whipped topping and additional strawberries if desired. Yield: 6-8 waffles.
Reviews forStrawberry-Topped Waffles
"This was my first time making waffles My husband bought me a Belgium waffle maker. First attempt was a great success. Awesome recipe"
"I love them all fattenng"
"Excellent recipe. I loved the strawberry topping. I would put less sugar in the topping next time though."
"Light texture, fun and delicious. You don't need the whip cream or ice cream unless you want to eat these for dessert."
"These were very good. Thank you! I hope you have more recipes! I did not try the strawberries because it is not that time of year for us, but using just butter was good."
"I had sour cream to use up and decided to try this recipe. It is light and tasty. I used a regular waffle iron."