- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- STRAWBERRY GLAZE:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jar (12 ounces) strawberry jelly
- Red food coloring, optional
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 quart whole fresh strawberries, hulled
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans and cracker crumbs; stir in the butter. Press onto the bottom of a 10-in. springform pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar, lemon juice and vanilla; beat well. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Spoon over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until the center is almost set. Remove from the oven and let stand 15 minutes (leave oven on). For topping, combine all the ingredients; spoon around edge of cheesecake. Carefully spread over filling. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Several hours before serving, prepare glaze. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add jelly. Bring to a boil over medium-hight heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until jelly is melted and glaze is thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice and food coloring if desired. Cool to room temperature.
- Just before serving, remove sides of pan. Arrange strawberries on top of cheesecake with pointed ends up. Spoon glaze over berries, allowing some to drip down sides of cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Topped Cheesecake
"this is the best cheesecake ive ever made, and now its always requested whenever we have a gathering. Love Love love it"
"It was wonderful. I made it using graham cracker crumbs on top and it was great."