- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- STRAWBERRY GLAZE:
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 jar (12 ounces) strawberry jelly
- Red food coloring, optional
- 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur or lemon juice
- 1 quart whole fresh strawberries, hulled
- Combine pecans, crumbs and butter. Press into the bottom of a 10-in. springform pan. Set aside. For filling, beat the cream cheese in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add eggs, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla; mix thoroughly. Spoon over crust. Bake at 350° for about 50 minutes or until the filling is almost set. Remove from the oven and let stand 15 minutes but leave oven on. Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients; spread over cake and return to the hot oven for 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature; refrigerate 24 hours. Several hours before serving, prepare glaze: In a saucepan, combine water and cornstarch. Add jelly and cook over medium-hight heat; stirring constantly, until jelly melts and mixture thickens. Remove from the heat; stir in food coloring if desired and liqueur. Cool to room temperature. Just before serving, loosen and remove sides of pan. Arrange strawberries on top of cake with pointed ends up. Spoon glazer over berries, allowing some to drip down sides of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Topped Cheesecake
"this is the best cheesecake ive ever made, and now its always requested whenever we have a gathering. Love Love love it"
"It was wonderful. I made it using graham cracker crumbs on top and it was great."