Strawberry Tarragon Crumble Recipe
I created this special berry dessert with fresh tarragon from my garden. The pretty layers are laced with the tarragon’s mild anise flavor and a balance of sweet and salty ingredients. Yum! —Tamara Huron, New Market, Alabama
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 cup coarsely crushed graham crackers
- 8 chocolate-covered miniature pretzels, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Additional minced fresh tarragon
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar, tarragon and orange juice. In another bowl, combine the graham crackers, pretzels, butter, honey and vanilla.
- 2. In each of four parfait glasses, layer 3 tablespoons graham cracker mixture, 1/4 cup strawberries and 2 tablespoons whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with additional tarragon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 321 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Tarragon Crumble
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC