- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pureed fresh strawberries, divided
- 8 to 10 drops red food coloring, optional
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and lemon peel; cut in butter until crumbly. Pat dough onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and cream until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla just until blended. Pour 2-1/2 cups batter into a bowl; set aside.
- Stir 3/4 cup pureed strawberries and food coloring if desired into remaining batter. Pour into crust. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 16 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a large baking pan. Add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Carefully pour reserved batter over bottom layer. Spoon remaining pureed berries over batter. Carefully cut through top layer only with a knife to swirl. Bake 40-50 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Swirl Cheesecake
"This is one of my favorite cheesecakes! The recipe is easy to prepare, stunning to look at and tastes great. I've already substituted blueberries or strained raspberries for the strawberries, and added lemon peel to the top layer to change it up a bit. Everyone who tries it, raves about it! This cheesecake is definitely one of my "go to" recipes and as a volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home, I highly recommend it!"
"Best strawberry cheesecake I've had."
"So easy to make and sooo yummy! I sometimes use mixed berries (whatever is in season and fresh at the time) and it turns out beautiful."
"I have made several cheesecakes, but this was one of the best recipes. I made a graham cracker crust instead. Everyone loved it. It has a beautiful presentation with the strawberry puree swirl on top. Will definitely be making again."
"I made this cheesecake for a birthday party and it was a huge hit. I will definitely be making this cheesecake again in the future."
"This recipe was very easy to make. I strained the strawberry puree even though the recipe didn't call for it. I also made the marbling like the hearts in the photo by placing small drops in 3 concentric circles and then carefully runnin a knife through the middle of them. Then I placed one heart in the center of the cheesecake. This won me best of show in my county fair for their special pie and cheesecake day! I think it presents itself very well if you want to make a statement with your dessert."
"i have made this cheesecake many times always a hit most want the reciepe"
"This was my very first cheesecake and this recipe was so easy that it came out great!! I ended up using lemon extract in the crust instead of lemon peel which turned out good. We couldn't wait for the cheesecake to cool overnight so we cut into it when it was still warm just to have a taste! I'll be making this cheesecake again just to get the nice strawberry flavor."