- 7 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, strawberries, celery and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper and pepper sauce. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Summer Salad
"Excellent. Used fresh strawberries from my garden. This recipe will be used again."
"Another family favourite is added to the list, thank you!"
"I liked the combination of ingredients. i only made one change and that was to eliminate the sugar and replace it with one Tbsp of Splenda. My wife is diabetic and this made it diabetic friendly for her. I made up the dressing earlier in the day and refrigerated it. I put the salad ingredients together covered them with saran wrap and refrigerated them also till I was ready to serve giving us a chilled, crisp salad."
"EXCELLENT!!!! LOVED IT!!!"