VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup strawberry yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 8 slices of white bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries, sweetened to taste
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, yogurt and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Spread 2 tablespoons on four slices of bread; top with remaining bread to make four sandwiches. Beat eggs, milk and remaining vanilla; dip sandwiches.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Toast sandwiches until golden brown on both sides. To serve, top each sandwich with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture and 1/4 cup strawberries. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry-Stuffed French Toast in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p92