Strawberry Spinach Salad with Raspberry Poppy Seed Dressing
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- In a blender, combine the vinaigrette, sugar, salt and mustard. Cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Transfer to a small pitcher or bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Just before serving, toss the spinach, strawberries and pecans in a large salad bowl. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 294 calories, 25g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 409mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 19, 2013
I added feta cheese to it, which made it even better.
Apr 30, 2012
Excellent! Every time I take this to an event, I get rave compliments & am asked the receipe for it.
Apr 9, 2012
I made this for Easter dinner and it was a huge hit! People were having 2nds and 3rds! The dressing is very flavorful. I was concerned that it seemed a little thick, but it worked well to coat the spinach leaves. This will be making the BBQ rounds this summer for sure!
May 28, 2011
THIS SALAD IS WONDERFUL, AND FLAVORFUL. I ALWAYS HAVE THIS SALAD WHEN STRAWBERRIES AND SPINACH ARE IN SEASON. LOVE THIS RECIPE.....
Jun 7, 2010
LOVE this salad...I make it for parties and triple the recipe. I also sometimes add sliced green onions.
Apr 6, 2010
I make this salad for Christmas every year. The colors are perfect and everyone loves the flavor!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.