Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons white or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Place the first eight ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Just before serving, combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Shake dressing and drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 141 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
"I make this with chunks of avocado, slivered almonds and small slices of red onions Yummy!!"
"This was tasty. I added some feta."
"I like the nice assortment of crunchy nuts and seeds in this salad. It went over well at our Easter get-together. I used the balsamic vinegar and omitted the chopped onion due to time constraints."