Strawberry Sorbet Sensation
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups strawberry sorbet, softened if necessary
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Sliced fresh strawberries
- Line an 8x4-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap. Spread sorbet onto bottom of pan; place in freezer 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Let stand until soft-set, about 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping; spread over sorbet. Freeze, covered, 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Invert dessert onto a serving plate; remove plastic wrap. Cut into slices. Serve with strawberries.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 153 calories, 3g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 8, 2018
My husband loved this.
Aug 13, 2016
This is a great cool dessert! My family loves this and it is so striking on a plate. I've also made the cream layer with a lemon flavor that is to die for
Jul 20, 2015
Creamy and cool, this dessert was well received at my book club. I used raspberry sorbet, drizzled a little chocolate syrup and served some shortbread cookies with it.
Oct 13, 2014
It's something different AND it's so pretty! Catches the eye for a great presentation. Plus it tastes refreshing on a warm day.
Jul 23, 2014
Light and delightful!!!
Sep 21, 2013
Easy to make and delicious, this refreshing dessert is equally good with other flavors of sorbet. It's always a hit, and looks beautiful when plated, too.
Jul 5, 2012
Absolutely delicious--my guests loved it! I did add 1 cup diced fresh strawberries to the pudding layer and I had extra strawberries that had been flavored with Splenda for a topping. I will definitely make this again!
Jul 4, 2012
I'm ready to make this, but I'm wondering if the pudding amount is correct? A 1 oz package? Help please?!!
Jun 13, 2012
this recipe was so good i figured i will probably make it again!why give it 1 star?give it 5 stars!
Jun 8, 2011
I also found it strange that after saying it was excellent she only gave it one star.As far as the difference between sorbet and sherbet, sorbet is just plain fruit that is blended and frozen. while sherbet is blended fruit that has sugar added. they are both great. and this recipe turned out great too