Strawberry Shortcake Trifle Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 carton (13-1/2 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in milk and extract. Whisk in pudding mix. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- 2. In a small bowl, gently combine strawberries and glaze. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, pudding mixture and strawberry mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 336 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
"I have tried many different Trifle recipes and I must say that this is to die for. Using the creamcheese pudding mix gives it that extra kick. My search is over, this is the one."