Strawberry Shortbread Pizza
Pizza—it's delicious any time of day, and this dessert option won't disappoint. A crisp pecan crust is layered with a creamy layer of vanilla flavored Mascarpone, then topped with berries, whipped cream and chocolate curls.
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 20 min.+ cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- Chocolate curls and sweetened whipped cream
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, pecans, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture just until combined.
- On a greased baking sheet, roll dough into a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream the mascarpone, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust.
- In a food processor, puree preserves and orange juice until smooth. Add strawberries; toss to coat. Spread over crust. Cut into pieces. Garnish with chocolate curls and whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without garnishes): 303 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.