Strawberry Shortbread Pizza
Pizza—it's delicious any time of day, and this dessert option won't disappoint. A crisp pecan crust is layered with a creamy layer of vanilla flavored Mascarpone, then topped with berries, whipped cream and chocolate curls.
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 20 min.+ cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- Chocolate curls and sweetened whipped cream
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, pecans, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture just until combined.
- On a greased baking sheet, roll dough into a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream the mascarpone, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust.
- In a food processor, puree preserves and orange juice until smooth. Add strawberries; toss to coat. Spread over crust. Cut into pieces. Garnish with chocolate curls and whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without garnishes): 303 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Shortbread Pizza in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.