- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 shortbread crust (9 inches)
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Transfer to a bowl. Chill until partially set.
- Place strawberries in the crust; pour gelatin mixture over berries. Cover and refrigerate until set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Shortbread Pie
"We loved this pie! I have made it several times. I use sugar free jello, splenda, and fat free cool whip on top. No one knows the difference and it is better for you."
"I used sugar substitute and sugar free gelatin and it still taste wonderful."
"You can buy shortbread crusts in the same aisle as the graham cracker crusts and chocolate crusts, etc. are. I just saw one the other day when I went shopping."
"Where do I find the recipe for the shortbread crust?"