Strawberry Salad with Cinnamon Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well until sugar is dissolved. In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, strawberries, avocado, oranges, onion and pecans. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss gently. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
2/3 cup: 153 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Strawberry Salad with Cinnamon Vinaigrette
"Loved the dressing!"
"This was a very yummy salad! We replaced the sugar with honey which went well with the fruits."
"This is the best salad I've ever eaten! I served it for my parent's anniversary and everyone wanted the recipe! Thanks Taste of Home!"