Strawberry-Rhubarb Upside-Down Cake Recipe
- 5 cups cut fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces), thawed and drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package white or yellow cake mix (regular size)
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. Place rhubarb in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with the gelatin, sugar and marshmallows. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour batter over marshmallows.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert cake onto a serving plate. Serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry-Rhubarb Upside-Down Cake
"easy to make and was a beautiful red color when done. Very moist and rhubarb was not overpowering. All my "tasters" loved it. Will definitely make again!"
"I make this cake several times a summer, especially when there's fresh rhubarb available. It works well with frozen too, but fresh is always better. I get a lot of compliments on it and even people who say they don't like rhubarb tell me how much they like it."
"I made this recipe years ago after finding it in quick Cooking. It was a favorite, but I lost the recipe. We ended up with some fresh rhubarb and my daughter asked me to make this recipe. I went to Taste of Home and did a search and found it right away! I made the cake today and everyone is thrilled. The house smelled yummy while it was cooking! This recipe is so easy and so, so, very good!"
"This recipe was easy to make and absolutely delicious. I added fresh chopped strawberries with the rhubarb. Soooo yummy"
"Made it several times for special people...everyone loved it!"
"I have been looking for a recipe just like this one. I`ll be making it to take to a bbq tomorrow. I`ll let you know how it turns out.So you live in Thompson Falls? I have been camping with my family on Thompson River Road numerous times when I was a teenager. Hubby and I now live in Eureka.Thanks for the recipe."
"My husband love strawberry rhubarb pie, its his favorite thing ever. When I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it. It was so easy to prepared and was so delicious. I cute the recipe in half and then was sorry there wasn't more cake!!! I didn't use a box mix though, I made half a recipe for white cake (I used a taste of home recipe, fruit filled white cake, it was GOOD)"