- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Add rhubarb; cook and stir until clear and thickened. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Cool.
- Pour about half of rhubarb sauce into pastry shell. Arrange berries over sauce; top with remaining sauce. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Rhubarb Pie
"I love the combo of these two and can't wait to try it."
"I never made anything from Taste of Home that wasn't awesome and as I expected?..except this time. I guess there is a first time for everything, even TofH. It was a ok Strawberry pie, but just ok? certainly not enough rhubarb even through I doubled it. Won't try this one again was pretty disappointed."
"Pretty good pie, the family liked it."
"The strawberry jello gives the pie an artificial strawberry flavor. I prefer my homemade pies to taste homemade, not like jello. Also, I like strawberry rhubarb pie to have chunks of rhubarb. With this recipe, once you cook the rhubarb it mushes up & just becomes part of the sauce. This was a good tasting pie, but I will not make this recipe again."
"This is our favorite pie."
"I added some cinnamon to the rhubarb mixture- was a great success- will be making this many times this summer!"
"BRILLIANT!!! I will make this pie for years to come!!!!!"