Strawberry Rhubarb Jam Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups finely diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1. In a large kettle, combine strawberries, rhubarb, sugar and pineapple. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour into refrigerator containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Let stand until cooled to room temperature. Top with lids. Refrigerate for 3-4 weeks. Yield: 5-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons: 57 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
"Very tasty and easy to make. Will be keeping this recipe with my favorites. Delicious on toast."
"Loved this recipe, it does not use pectin but has a nice consistency. When making a canned sauce like this or other jams and jellies the correct quantity of sugar is key. If you decrease the sugar it will not set up properly. Finding a lower sugar recipe would be best if you find this too sweet."
"I made this yesterday and was disappointed. It was way too sweet so would decrease the sugar and it never set up. It will be good as a syrup or ice cream topping. I don't know what could be done to make it gel better."
"Sounds really good will have to make it"
"Strawberry rhubarb anything is just right with me. I think I would eat rhubarb in my morning oat's. This recipe is outstanding."
"over the top"
"I would like to make this for Christmas gifts. can I freeze this for a few months?"
"I use twice the pineapple and freeze it. I use it as pancake syrup and ice cream topping"
"This recipe couldn't be easier and has that special homemade taste. I would definitely recommend it! Even if you have never made jam don't shy away from this one. Makes a beautiful hostess gift, along with some muffins."
"My husband grew up on store bought grape jelly. I grew up on a freezer full of peach, strawberry and raspberry jam. One taste of this recipe and he was a changed man! (In other words, we highly recommend this recipe -- esp. since it's made w/ a jello mix!)"