Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream Pie
This wonderful pie is one of my favorite's to serve in the summer. Instead of topping the pie with ice cream, the ice cream is already in the pie!—Connie Fleck, Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- Spoon ice cream into crust; freeze. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, cook rhubarb and sugar, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves and mixture boils. Combine cornstarch and water; stir into saucepan. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Cook 2 more minutes. Cool. Fold in berries; chill. Spread over ice cream. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 305 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream Pie in Country Woman March/April 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.