- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- Spoon ice cream into crust; freeze. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, cook rhubarb and sugar, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves and mixture boils. Combine cornstarch and water; stir into saucepan. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Cook 2 more minutes. Cool. Fold in berries; chill. Spread over ice cream. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream Pie
"Very easy to make - my family loved it"
"this is a sofisticated dish but any child would still love it. its so good!!!!!"