Strawberry Puff Pancake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate; place in a 400° oven for 4-5 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla. In another small bowl, combine the flour, salt and cinnamon; whisk into egg mixture until blended.
- Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until sides are crisp and golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth; add strawberries. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Coarsely mash strawberries. Serve with pancake. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 slice with 1/3 cup sauce (calculated without confectioners' sugar): 277 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 fat.
Jun 24, 2016
I prepared this tonight and it was delicious. I did use Splenda for the sugar. It was a tad bland so next time I will add more cinnamon and maybe more vanilla. However, we loved it and cleaned our plates. Perfect for two people. I recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor
Sep 10, 2014
Love, love, LOVE this. Easy & so fluffy.
Jul 26, 2014
Quick, easy and delicious! My family loves it!
Jul 6, 2014
Very similar to an Apple Pancake but I do prefer the strawberries. Thanks for the inspiration.
Jun 20, 2014
This was very good and really easy. I used fresh sliced strawberries instead of making the sauce.
Apr 5, 2014
I prepared this for my husband and I when we wanted a really nice breakfast and it was a winner - I added a few fresh strawberries to the top and with the dusting of powdered sugar it was to die for -a real warmer
Jul 23, 2013
Don't know why the stars didn't show up with my review.
Jul 23, 2013
This was way too thick for a 9 inch pie plate. Perhaps a 10 inch would work better, but even after cooking it longer than stated this was still gooey and tasted under-done.
Nov 13, 2011
This puff pancake was a hit when I made it. It was buttery and fluffy, with a nice sweetness added with the strawberries. A nice alternative to the traditional pancake.
Oct 13, 2011
This has become a favorite in our house. We've used canned fruit, frozen fruit, etc. We love it.