- 2 cups crushed pretzels (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- Additional whipped topping and pretzels, optional
- In a bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat whipped topping, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over pretzel crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- For topping, dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl. Stir in strawberries with syrup; chill until partially set. Carefully spoon over filling. Chill for 4-6 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Pretzel Dessert
"Excellent. My family loves this dessert. They beg for it"
"I had this years ago very good I'm glad I could find the recipe again ewill be making next weekend"
"We love the flavors together...the sweet and salty. I had to make 1 1/2 crusts in order to completely fill my 9x13 pan. I think it would be better to have a thicker cream cheese filling. It was definitely not as thick as the picture. Seemed to take quite awhile (at least 2 hours) for the gelatin layer to partially set. Then again, maybe it set too much because it seemed to slide off the cream cheese layer once it was cut. I like the idea of using a 16 oz. container of fresh strawberries instead of the frozen."
"I have made this for years (recipe passed down from my dear mother). Here is a wonderful tip for making this even better. Instead of "crushing" pretzels to make 2 cups I break regular size pretzel sticks into thirds to make 2-2/3 cups. It takes a little more time but isn't so salty and gives it a little more texture for the crust. Recipe is requested everywhere I have ever taken it. Yummy!"
"I've been making this for years. It's one of my son-in-law's favorites. He likes it best made with raspberries."
"I have made this wonderful dessert several times and people keep asking me to please make it again! It has the most savory taste a sweet blend of strawberries with the nutty and salty taste of the pretzels. This is one dessert you won't regret making and I'm sure you'll be asked to bring it again!"
"Just made it. After reading the reviews, I cut the sugar in the cream cheese mixture to a half cup, instead of the full cup. Delicious and gone very quickly. Will definitely make again soon."
"Perfect. I wouldn't change a thing."
"High hopes with so many great reviews. Unfortunately, this is way too sweet. On the bright side - the kids love the sugar rush and candy bar like sweetness, so 2 stars for that. Cool whip and 1 cup of sugar with the cream cheese, then jello and the sweet syrup strawberries. Next time I'll find another version of this with a lot less sugar and using heavy whipping cream."