- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups crushed strawberries
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar for 2 minutes. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Build up edges slightly. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over crust. Arrange sliced strawberries on top.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and crushed berries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly. Spoon over strawberries. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Pizza
"Great recipe, love the homemade crust. When short on time I use a roll of sugar cookie dough instead, also use parchment paper to get off pan easier!"
"Strawberry pizza is so good, my family makes it any time we have all the ingredients. It's a keeper and definitely going in my recipe box, as it's one we make any time we're doing a special event."
"When I take this to potlucks, I make two and they disappear fast. Delicious!!"