Our home economists dressed up store-bought strawberry ice cream with whipped topping, cashews, chocolate chips and pieces of a graham cracker pie crust. One scoop won't be enough!
Recommended: 14 Chocolate-Strawberry Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches), broken into large pieces
- In a mixing bowl, beat ice cream until slightly softened. Fold in the whipped topping, cashews and chocolate chips until blended. Very gently fold in graham cracker crust pieces. Serve immediately. Store leftovers in a freeze. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Pie Ice Cream in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p44