Strawberry Pecan Cookies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 6-1/2 dozen
- 7 fresh strawberries, crushed
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Red food coloring, optional
- Place strawberries in a blender, cover and process until pureed; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in puree just until blended. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans and food coloring if desired.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 131 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 2, 2015
These were really good. Nice light texture. I didn't use the food coloring and even though the batter was a nice pink color after they were baked the were more of a...beige, but very tasty and light none the less. Today I'm going to use the same basic recipe but using raspberries. I hope their just as good!
May 21, 2013
Haven't made these yet. I question only 7 strawberries? Doesn't seem like many strawberries. Is this a misprint? Thought I better clarify before I try making them and end up disappointed.
May 31, 2011
These are absolutely delicious. Sweet with a bit of crunch....perfect for any occasion. I didn't use the food coloring. But other than that I followed the directions excatly. Yummy!!
May 16, 2008
These were quite good! They'd be perfect for a baby shower with their pretty pink color. I made the recipe as written. Next time I think I may substitute butter for the shortening...