Strawberry-Orange Spinach Salad with Toasted Walnuts
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and chopped
- 12 fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, oil, mustard, pepper and salt. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, strawberries, cucumber, onion and carrot. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts and bacon. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 142 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 1, 2011
Love it!! Have taken it to many occasions and all have enjoyed it.
Apr 6, 2011
This was delicious! I used what I had on hand, so tangelos for oranges, honey mustard for Dijon, and pecans and almonds for walnuts. Also used only 1/4 tsp (white) pepper. The dressing was still delicious and my husband said he would like it again, even though I was afraid he'd think it was something to serve at only a women's luncheon! A keeper of a recipe.
Mar 24, 2011
I took this to a luncheon and the ladies loved it! The dressing is light and refreshing. Definitely a crowd pleaser!