Strawberry-Orange Spinach Salad with Toasted Walnuts
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and chopped
- 12 fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, oil, mustard, pepper and salt. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, strawberries, cucumber, onion and carrot. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts and bacon. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 142 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
May 1, 2011
Love it!! Have taken it to many occasions and all have enjoyed it.
Apr 6, 2011
This was delicious! I used what I had on hand, so tangelos for oranges, honey mustard for Dijon, and pecans and almonds for walnuts. Also used only 1/4 tsp (white) pepper. The dressing was still delicious and my husband said he would like it again, even though I was afraid he'd think it was something to serve at only a women's luncheon! A keeper of a recipe.
Mar 24, 2011
I took this to a luncheon and the ladies loved it! The dressing is light and refreshing. Definitely a crowd pleaser!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.