Strawberry-Orange Phyllo Cups
"These flaky cups filled with fresh fruit and a tangy sauce are delicate in flavor and make a pretty presentation. But they're easy to do, too," assures Sally Hook of Houston, Texas.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 3/4 cup sliced unsweetened strawberries, divided
- 3-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- Place sheets of phyllo dough on top of each other. Cut stack in half lengthwise, then in half widthwise. Spritz top sheet of each with cooking spray. Lightly press one stack into a 6-oz. custard cup coated with cooking spray. Lightly press a second stack on top. Repeat with remaining stacks in another custard cup. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. carefully remove phyllo cups to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place 1/2 cup strawberries, 3 teaspoons confectioners' sugar and orange zest in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Blend in yogurt. Place phyllo cups on serving plates. Fill with orange segments and remaining strawberries. Top with yogurt sauce; dust with remaining confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 136 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Originally published as Strawberry-Orange Phyllo Cups in Light & Tasty Premiere 2001