Strawberry-Orange Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups torn spinach
- 2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 orange, cut into segments
- 1/4 cup strawberry-flavored pancake syrup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cashews or pecans, optional
- Divide spinach and lettuce among two salad plates. Arrange the chicken, strawberries and oranges on lettuce. Combine syrup and vinegar; drizzle over salads. Top with nuts if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 271 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Feb 25, 2018
we loved this salad the strawberries with the mandarin oranges and chicken where delicious i have never thought about adding the strawberry syrup it was awesome deb Pennington VFE Decatur Al.
Apr 8, 2009
I'm anxious to try this recipe! I would never have thought to use a flavored pancake syrup in a salad dressing. I'm sure it's great.