- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup salad dressing or mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine, strawberries and onion. Combine all remaining ingredients in a small bowl or jar with tight-fitting lid; mix well. Pour over salad and toss lightly. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Onion Salad
"This is one of my favorite salads! As much as I like it with strawberries, it's equally delicious with raspberries or blueberries. I also like to omit the onions on occasion and sprinkle the salad with toasted almonds, pecans or hickory nuts."