Strawberry, Onion and Romaine Salad
The combination of strawberries, onions and a raspberry based dressing may seem odd, but it is delicious and different. This salad is very tasty and refreshing at picnics and summer meals…a recipe that has been shared many times with family and friends.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red raspberry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a serving bowl, combine the romaine, strawberries, onion and almonds. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; serve with salad.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 319 calories, 27g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry, Onion and Romaine Lettuce Salad in Reminisce Extra May 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.