This is a delightful, fun way to serve a cupcake. I share these with the neighborhood kids and they love the ice cream cone look and ease of eating. Adults who try them say snacking on them makes them feel like kids again. —Barb Kietzer, Niles, Michigan
Featured In: 25 Recipes for Valentine Cupcakes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 20 ice cream cake cones (about 3 inches tall)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Colored sprinkles
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs, yogurt, oil and strawberries; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Place the ice cream cones in muffin cups; spoon 2 heaping tablespoons batter into each cone. Bake at 375° for 19-21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip muffin tops in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Muffin Cones in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p14
Reviews forStrawberry Muffin Cones
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2013
"My daughter requests these often!"