Strawberry Muffin Cones
This is a delightful, fun way to serve a cupcake. I share these with the neighborhood kids and they love the ice cream cone look and ease of eating. Adults who try them say snacking on them makes them feel like kids again. —Barb Kietzer, Niles, Michigan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 20 ice cream cake cones (about 3 inches tall)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Colored sprinkles
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs, yogurt, oil and strawberries; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Place the ice cream cones in muffin cups; spoon 2 heaping tablespoons batter into each cone. Bake at 375° for 19-21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip muffin tops in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Decorate with sprinkles.
1 cone: 253 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 22, 2013
My daughter requests these often!
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC