Strawberry Muffin Cones Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 20 ice cream cake cones (about 3 inches tall)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Colored sprinkles
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs, yogurt, oil and strawberries; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Place the ice cream cones in muffin cups; spoon 2 heaping tablespoons batter into each cone. Bake at 375° for 19-21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip muffin tops in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 20 servings.
Editor's Note: These muffin cones are best served the same day they're prepared. Muffins can be baked in paper liners instead of ice cream cones.
1 cone (calculated without sprinkles): 253 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Muffin Cones
"My daughter requests these often!"