- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed, undrained
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Place strawberries in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and strawberries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a large bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- Set aside 1/2 cup strawberry mixture. Add the condensed milk, orange juice and food coloring if desired to the remaining mixture; stir until blended. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon 1/4 cup cream mixture into each of 12 parfait dishes or cocktail glasses. Layer each with 4 teaspoons of reserved strawberry mixture and 1/4 cup cream mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Mousse Parfaits
"This was light and delicious. My mom always asks me to make her one, especially on a hot day."
"Lovely dessert although there appears to be a typo in the recipe for the amount of strawberry mixture to be set aside for layering. If one needs 4 tsp (4x 5ml = 20ml) for 12 parfaits (12 x 20ml = 240ml), then setting aside only 1/2 cup (125ml)will not do! Otherwise, it was a well-received dessert with my dinner guests and has a nice "summery feel"!"