VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Red food coloring, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in flour. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. or 10-in. springform pan; prick with a fork.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Meanwhile, for filling, puree enough berries (about 1-1/2 pints) to make 2 cups. Set aside remaining berries for garnish. Stir lemon juice and sugar into puree.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add to puree; chill until mixture begins to thicken.
- Fold in whipped cream and food coloring if desired. Pour into crust; chill until set. Garnish with reserved strawberries. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Mousse in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p85
Reviews forStrawberry Mousse
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2013
"I drizzly one choc. over the top & dk. choc. shavings on the ends of each pc."