- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- Few drops red food coloring, optional
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. With a fork, stir in flour. Pat into the bottom of a 9-in. or 10-in. springform pan; prick with a fork. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 300° and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until golden. Cool. Meanwhile, for filling, puree enough berries (about 1-1/2 pints ) to make 2 cups. Reserve remaining berries for garnish. Blend lemon juice and sugar into puree. Combine gelatin and water in a saucepan; warm over low heat to dissolve. Add gelatin to puree; chill until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in whipped cream, and food coloring if desired. Pour into crust; chill. Garnish with reserved berries. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Mousse
"I drizzly one choc. over the top & dk. choc. shavings on the ends of each pc."