Strawberry Meringue Cups
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- Place egg white in a bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add cream of tartar and salt; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Drop into four mounds on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Shape into 4-in. cups with the back of a spoon. Bake at 225° for 1-1/2 hours or until set and dry. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1-1/2 hours. Store in an airtight container.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Just before serving, spoon into meringue shells. Top with strawberries and garnish with mint if desired.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 3, 2013
I have made this dessert several times and it always meets with raves. It's light so after a meal when I serve this dessert, no one turns it down!
May 11, 2010
Being from Germany I am used to making Schaum Torte, and this recipe reminds me of my recipe from home, only easier. It is light and very tasty. My family loved it. I will certainly make it again and again.